Gator Marine mechanic - No Proof of Work he claims was done

Update added by user Dec 07, 2015

Jason at Gator really stepped up and came through for me after all.I followed up with him when I determined on engine was still not running correctly.

He went to the boat, diagnosed the problem, ordered and installed a new part and sea trialed the boat. All without me needing to be there.

And he didn't want additional payment.His paperwork may not be very buttoned up, but I'm happy to report he's a man of his word, very responsive and a good mechanic.

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2015

I needed to find a Mercruiser Mechanic in Cape Coral to tune my elder dad's 1998 Searay (twin Mercruiser .Challenge was I'm in NJ.

So did some online searching and found Jason at Gator. He was very friendly and accomodating over the phone and agreed to go to house and inspect the situation. He called while he was at the boat and gave what seemed to be a thorough and knowledgable assessmentI approved tune ups of both engines for $800 which I thought was high, but i was in a bind and he seemed trustworthy. I overnighted him a check to arrive the same day he was going to do the repairs.

He ordered parts and went back two days later and claims to have done all the work. I couldn't be there and my Dad is incapacitated so I had a neighbor do a test drive with Jason. He reported the boat ran well (prior to the tune up the boat hadn't been run for a year and wouldn't get up to speed and the engines were backfiring). It all seemed fine until I asked him to please send me an itemized bill indicating all the parts and labor.

I tried for 2 weeks and it never came. He kept saying he had sent it, so I provided two different email addresses and a mailing address. Nothing ever came. I'm now concerned I was ripped off, but won't actually know until I get back to FL sometime this fall and inspect the boat myself.

This guy did a great job earning my trust at the beginning but now I feel like a fool having trusted someone I found on Craigslist.

I would be careful about working with him.If a receipt ever shows up and I eventually determine the work was done as promised, I will gladly ammend this review

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • His initial responsiveness and willingness to help promptly
  • What I disliked
    • I could not get any proof he actually did the work

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
1998 Sea Ray 270 Sundancer Boat
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #730024 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gator Marine mechanic ? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 29 #1135811

Gator marine Jason screws everyone cannot be trusted is a terrible mechanic if you pay him you are supporting his and his girls drug habits

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Gator Marine mechanic . However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Gator Marine mechanic .
Filing a new complaint about